Land of the Lost

Get to know fans like you and make new friends!
Billy Tooma

Land of the Lost

Post by Billy Tooma » Sat Sep 21, 2019 8:47 pm

I just got the entire series of Land of the Lost (1974) on DVD. This stuff is fantastic. I’ve only ever watched a few episodes, but I’m excited to be able to binge this classic. I posted about it on social media earlier, but I’ll put it here too: Ken Forsse worked on the original network pitch reel that the Kroffts used to sell this show.

“Beware of Sleekstak,” everyone, ha ha.
SPIRIT, TREASURE, LEDGE

IlliopMom

Re: Land of the Lost

Post by IlliopMom » Sun Sep 22, 2019 10:58 am

Had no idea he worked on this, I was just watching clips of the show the other day lol. Gotta love the stopmotion/puppet dinosaurs.
“It’s true, Illiops aren’t very adventurous. At least they haven’t been for many generations.”
Check out the Teddy Ruxpin Wiki!

Billy Tooma

Post by Billy Tooma » Sun Sep 22, 2019 11:58 am

In Hal Erickson’s great history of the Krofft company, the only credit Ken is listed with is “consultant on miniatures” on the show “The Lost Saucer.” But I was told that his presence behind-the-scenes on other shows was pretty significant. I can’t wait to share so much more of these stories!
SPIRIT, TREASURE, LEDGE

vilicles
Site Admin

Post by vilicles » Tue Oct 01, 2019 11:20 pm

So I'll be honest, I've never seen the original LoTL, just the 90's reboot. So...ummm...maybe I could borrow those DVDs... :D
Vincent Conroy
Webmaster
Grundo Gazette, LLC

"The important thing would be the people we would meet and the things we would discover along the way."

Billy Tooma

Post by Billy Tooma » Tue Oct 01, 2019 11:30 pm

So many things to teach you, vilicles...lol.
SPIRIT, TREASURE, LEDGE

CassiaIlliper

Post by CassiaIlliper » Mon Oct 21, 2019 8:19 pm

Same here. I only saw the 90s reboot. As a kid of the 80s I missed much of the 70s television shows for kids. Looking back on it now I think it was one of those “you have to be there” moments.
Freelance artist and author. Some may also call me a professor. ;)
Full time wife, parent, historical nut, child of the 80's (the nice part), and Paladin.
"At your Service."