Where did the Gutangs come from?

Get to know fans like you and make new friends!
CassiaIlliper

Where did the Gutangs come from?

Post by CassiaIlliper » Sun Oct 06, 2019 11:15 pm

So, we know the gutangs are a military type civilization, but where did they originally come from? Were they in Grundo, or did they kick the Illiops out of the Hard to Find City? Did they inhabit the Hard to Find City after the Illiops had left to Rillonia? What is the reason for the Gutangs to attack the Illipers?
Freelance artist and author. Some may also call me a professor. ;)
Full time wife, parent, historical nut, child of the 80's (the nice part), and Paladin.
"At your Service."

Billy Tooma

Re: Where did the Gutangs come from?

Post by Billy Tooma » Sun Oct 06, 2019 11:28 pm

The Gutangs are indigenous to the Land of Ying to the north. They were a warlike race for countless generations, causing the Illiops to build the Wall between Grundo and Ying. But eventually the Gutangs invented their flying machines and were able to soar over the Wall and attack the Hard to Find City, driving the Illiops out, with some of them fleeing to Rillonia and others north.

Episode 65 of the animated series covers most of this.
SPIRIT, TREASURE, LEDGE

IlliopMom

Post by IlliopMom » Mon Oct 07, 2019 9:01 pm

Billy Tooma wrote: Sun Oct 06, 2019 11:28 pm The Gutangs are indigenous to the Land of Ying to the north. They were a warlike race for countless generations, causing the Illiops to build the Wall between Grundo and Ying. But eventually the Gutangs invented their flying machines and were able to soar over the Wall and attack the Hard to Find City, driving the Illiops out, with some of them fleeing to Rillonia and others north.

Episode 65 of the animated series covers most of this.
Most of what I wonder is how exactly the Gutangs were able to build their flying machines before the Illiops did (especially with how technologically advanced the Illiops were)
“It’s true, Illiops aren’t very adventurous. At least they haven’t been for many generations.”
Check out the Teddy Ruxpin Wiki!

Wheels2410

Post by Wheels2410 » Tue Oct 08, 2019 10:57 am

The Gutangs probably had help or at least stole a lot of the materials used to build the flying machines, given how often they would steal from King Nogburt's Castle and surrounding areas.

IlliopMom

Post by IlliopMom » Wed Oct 09, 2019 1:31 pm

That was my theory. They really don't seem to be a hyper-intelligent race, haha.
“It’s true, Illiops aren’t very adventurous. At least they haven’t been for many generations.”

Billy Tooma

Post by Billy Tooma » Wed Oct 09, 2019 9:04 pm

They were also initially designed to be near-sighted. That shows up in the original five episodes of the animated series when the heroes are dressed as Gutangs, but the actual baddies can’t tell the difference, ha ha.
SPIRIT, TREASURE, LEDGE

Wheels2410

Post by Wheels2410 » Thu Oct 10, 2019 9:22 am

Except for that one Gutang guard, that Grubby bumped into when his helmet was on backwards. The guard squinted and that's when he realized that Grubby wasn't actually a Gutang. Lol. I always assumed that their helmets made it impossible to see, which is why they couldn't tell the difference between a real Gutang and somebody just wearing a Gutang helmet. Kind of like the Imperial Stormtroopers in the original Star Wars movie, who couldn't tell that Han and Luke weren't really Stormtroopers.

IlliopMom

Post by IlliopMom » Thu Oct 10, 2019 8:29 pm

Billy Tooma wrote: Wed Oct 09, 2019 9:04 pm They were also initially designed to be near-sighted. That shows up in the original five episodes of the animated series when the heroes are dressed as Gutangs, but the actual baddies can’t tell the difference, ha ha.
That would also explain their less than spectacular flying skills, haha.

CassiaIlliper

Post by CassiaIlliper » Thu Oct 10, 2019 9:45 pm

That is interesting. I will have to rewatch that episode and pay closer attention, because I did miss that detail.
Freelance artist and author. Some may also call me a professor. ;)
Full time wife, parent, historical nut, child of the 80's (the nice part), and Paladin.
"At your Service."