With the release on Prime of the original series "remastered"

Get to know fans like you and make new friends!
CassiaIlliper

With the release on Prime of the original series "remastered"

Post by CassiaIlliper » Thu Oct 10, 2019 9:49 pm

I feel not so apprehensive about the future of Teddy Ruxpin in the hands of Henson Animation. I'm curious to know how they are going to handle the vast source material and world, but at the same time, I'm also relieved that they seem to be accepting the original source material and going so far as to fix it up and re-air it on Prime.

I was nervous at first when I saw Henson Animation did get the rights to Teddy Ruxpin, mainly because their other animated properties were so... cringeinducing. However, I'm hoping that this is not the case, I'm hoping that by them remastering the series and releasing it again, it shows they actually are not going to throw out the canon story and characters in order to make up their own, but actually might respect the original material and add onto the world without taking away from original lore. (That's my hope at least)

Has anyone heard of an ETA or release date for the new series yet?
Freelance artist and author. Some may also call me a professor. ;)
Full time wife, parent, historical nut, child of the 80's (the nice part), and Paladin.
"At your Service."

Billy Tooma

Re: With the release on Prime of the original series "remastered"

Post by Billy Tooma » Fri Oct 11, 2019 1:48 pm

I too am less apprehensive about Henson’s eventual take on Teddy Ruxpin. I feel that with the original series available, they’re honoring the past before forging ahead with the future.
SPIRIT, TREASURE, LEDGE

CassiaIlliper

Post by CassiaIlliper » Fri Oct 11, 2019 2:16 pm

Exactly! It's a very positive sign IMO. So many times I've seen franchises taken over and utterly destroyed to where they are but a shadow of their former self and the only thing they have in common is the name. The characters, story, setting are taken so far off the original mark that it might as well be a new story altogether. Voltron really suffered from this problem, same with My Little Pony.
Full time wife, parent, historical nut, child of the 80's (the nice part), and Paladin.
"At your Service."

vilicles
Site Admin

Post by vilicles » Fri Oct 11, 2019 6:38 pm

I agree. In some ways, I feel like Henson releasing the original series on Amazon Prime is their way of giving us fans what we want so that they can move forward with what they want to do. And I'm okay with that. Knowing that some of the people involved with Teddy's original run are involved gives me hope!
Vincent Conroy
Webmaster
Grundo Gazette, LLC

"The important thing would be the people we would meet and the things we would discover along the way."

sonichacker

Post by sonichacker » Sat Oct 12, 2019 1:03 pm

I hope with the new show that they do keep the main points of the original world of Grundo intact, however they could change alot to fit more in the modern era.

I won't mind many small changes but it just depends on how they handle it, I feel like they are taking time or are having a hard time producing the show with the time it is taking them to get it out I just hope its not a bad show, and is actually something I can enjoy watching (which is something I have a hard time doing with shows for the same age range as this reboot)
I like Teddy Ruxpin and I like fourms so why not be here.
Other profile links coming soon.
Join my Discord Server: https://discord.gg/U224hCb

CassiaIlliper

Post by CassiaIlliper » Sat Oct 12, 2019 4:02 pm

Hmmm

I feel like with them keeping the original series and even remastering it, is a good sign that they respect the original concept, content, and ideas.

I think there is a huge difference between the toy and book series and that of the TV "Adventure" series. The adventure series is geared toward an older audience, but the toy and book were targeted at the PreK, Kindergarten age group. The newer toy and book are geared for even a younger demographic I would say two to four age range.

I've seen Henson's animation work and it's touch and go depending on what animation studio they use. Dinosaur Train was really well done, Sid the Science Kid and Splash and Bubbles not so much.
"At your Service."

sonichacker

Post by sonichacker » Sun Oct 13, 2019 5:16 pm

CassiaIlliper wrote: Sat Oct 12, 2019 4:02 pm The adventure series is geared toward an older audience, but the toy and book were targeted at the PreK, Kindergarten age group. The newer toy and book are geared for even a younger demographic I would say two to four age range.
Yea I do feel that the Dic cartoon was aimed towards a more normal kid demographic at the time, but still kept some morals that the tapes had, the newer toy does seem to be trying to attract a younger audience than in the 80s and I assume so will the show, I just hope that its a adventure series like the original show but keeps alot of the more serious characters like Quellor and such out as so the pre-school audience can enjoy it, but I would hope that it goes for a writing style that allows both the pre-school audience and older audience to enjoy.

Also still really curious to see how they animate the redesigns of the characters in the new show especially with it being cgi
I like Teddy Ruxpin and I like fourms so why not be here.
Other profile links coming soon.
Join my Discord Server: https://discord.gg/U224hCb

CassiaIlliper

Post by CassiaIlliper » Fri Oct 18, 2019 12:15 pm

Hmm yeah,

I agree, I've seen Henson's animation for little kids on Netflix, because being a parent I end up watching the shows my kids watch. However, I am particular about the shows my kids watch there are some shows even those geared at little kids I will not let my kids watch. Mainly because they offer no real educational or aesthetic value, and because the imagery is unsettling to me. An example of this is Word Party and Splash and Bubbles. Some of the content is ok, but they are really stretching for the educational value of it as far as for the pre-school early years education. Word Party is just wrong on many many levels of wrong, and should NEVER have been given the green light simply because of the character design alone. (If you don't know what I'm going on about, google the show) If you are involved in any fandom outside of this one, or not aware of the double meaning please google "baby fur". Word Party is not a safe show IMO. I felt the same way about Steven Universe, my first impressions were confusion, and it got a little bit better but as I watched the show it was more apparent that the messages were not really for a younger audience but possibly more suitable for Adult Swim. (go fig)

ANYWAY

I digress, I just hope Henson is careful with the animation designs, and keeps to the source material, building on the pre-existing material, and making the show suitable for ALL ages not just one demographic. (Which I think is what you said too) So yeah, I agree.
"At your Service."

IlliopMom

Post by IlliopMom » Sat Oct 19, 2019 1:08 pm

The showrunner John Tartaglia seems really interested in Teddy's world and keeping it alive, and that's all I could ask for.
“It’s true, Illiops aren’t very adventurous. At least they haven’t been for many generations.”
Check out the Teddy Ruxpin Wiki!