Introductions!

Get to know fans like you and make new friends!
Cleric

Introductions!

Post by Cleric » Wed Sep 18, 2019 2:37 pm

I feel that, with the creation of this new gathering place, we need a place to introduce ourselves properly! I'll start :)

Hi, I'm Cleric! I'm just a simple guy from the UK who loves all things Octopede, and I spend most of my time drawing, listening to music, or chatting with my online friends! I am so happy to be in this new, wonderful environment! I can't wait to meet everyone here! <3
It's the Octopede Shuffle, a simple little step!

Billy Tooma

Re: Introductions!

Post by Billy Tooma » Wed Sep 18, 2019 3:29 pm

Hi, Cleric. I’m Billy. I got my first Teddy Ruxpin on Christmas 1985. I love being Generation One for this brand, but what I love even more is knowing that so many people have discovered Teddy well after his initial debut.

I’m working diligently on the documentary that covers Ken Forsse’s life and creations. Great to meet you and everyone else here!
SPIRIT, TREASURE, LEDGE

sunab

Post by sunab » Wed Sep 18, 2019 4:01 pm

Whats up, I'm Andrew. I've been a Teddy/WoW fan for most of my so far short life. I only have a Teddy and Grubby at the moment, but I hope someday that may change and my collection grows. I'm an artist in my freetime and I like to crack jokes a lot, so if I say something that happens to offend anyone, chances are that wasn't my true intention and I apologize deeply for it. I'm very interested in the search for the WoW Rare Footage DVD. There's so many cool prototypes and stuff on that disc that a good majority of us have never gotten to see. Lost media is a very interesting topic to me.
"Don't worry Snoopy, I'll be with you soon enough. Then we'll be together, forever and always." Said the round headed kid.

I never did see him again after he said that. I'm hoping that all changes sometime soon.

Wheels2410

Post by Wheels2410 » Wed Sep 18, 2019 4:35 pm

Hey guys! I'm Josh. I'm from Canada and I got my first Teddy Ruxpin in February of 1990, the day my parents brought my sister home from the hospital after she was born. I had "Guests of the Grunges" on VHS before that though. I watched that tape constantly. I'm also a blogger and write reviews of movies, books, comics, and TV shows.

RadicalRuxpin

Post by RadicalRuxpin » Wed Sep 18, 2019 4:47 pm

Hey I'm Rad (or Cody) and I love Teddy Ruxpin (if I didn't why would I be here? LOL) Anyways... I started collecting in 2014, and since then I've gained a lot of talkers. I've got a Worlds of Wonder Discord server so feel free to join it! The links below. ANYWAYS I'm glad to be here!

AHPhilRussiFan

Post by AHPhilRussiFan » Wed Sep 18, 2019 4:50 pm

Hello, my name is Aaron. I've been a fan of the Worlds of Wonder toys for a few years now. I'm a fan of Phil Baron and the late Russi Taylor.

IlliopMom

Post by IlliopMom » Wed Sep 18, 2019 5:06 pm

Hi all, I'm Mouse. I got into Teddy Ruxpin back in 2016 when my boyfriend IlliopOctopede was kind enough to introduce me to Teddy's world. I'm happy to be here and to help the fandom grow with everyone :D
“It’s true, Illiops aren’t very adventurous. At least they haven’t been for many generations.”
Check out the Teddy Ruxpin Wiki!

AgentIlliop

Post by AgentIlliop » Wed Sep 18, 2019 5:19 pm

Hi, I'm Jazzy, and I barely got into Teddy Ruxpin last year! I've fallen headfirst into the world of Teddy Ruxpin, listening to all the tapes I could find and bingeing the entire animated series! I only have the new 2017 WCT Teddy, but (in spite of his blue eyes) I love him with all my heart :D

Tabby Ruxpin

Post by Tabby Ruxpin » Wed Sep 18, 2019 6:40 pm

Hi there! I'm Tabby! I fell in love with Teddy and his world in the early 90s with my small WOW toy, but I didn't have the chance to watch the cartoon or really know much past the The Airship tape until earlier this year and refreshed my childhood obsession that I never had the chance to indulge in. Now I have a collection of TR toys and hope to learn how to repair them someday.

I'm also an artist at heart and doodle a lot, so I'll probably make a sketchbook thread in the fan art forum sooner or later. ^^;
sir, that's my emotional support illiop.

Venilliopede

Post by Venilliopede » Wed Sep 18, 2019 7:20 pm

Great idea to start this thread Cleric!

I'm Ven, and I'm from the U.S. Teddy has been in my life for a long time and I am so happy that we have Grundo Gazette and the forums now!

I fell in love with the world of Teddy Ruxpin in my young childhood and I am so happy that I discovered it and get to share my ideas, creations, and interests with everyone. I try to fix Teddies when I can, and I want to open up a new Grundo Hospital in the future to help preserve the beloved toys.

I'm a laid back dude and I'm open to listen and talk to anyone, so feel free to shoot me a pm so we can be friends!!
"And while we are keeping the world safe for children; let's keep children safe in the world."