A Small "Teddy Ruxpin: The Movie" Revelation

Get to know fans like you and make new friends!
IlliopMom

A Small "Teddy Ruxpin: The Movie" Revelation

Post by IlliopMom » Sun Nov 24, 2019 9:51 pm

I happened upon an article that described the somewhat infamous "Teddy Ruxpin: The Movie" VHS tape from 1999 that is little more than episodes of the cartoon edited together.

What I didn't know was that Alchemy II was actually okay with it, and was planning on making more products (although they could just be referring to the 98 YES! Teddy) Additionally, I've never seen a version of the VHS that had a "beanbag" plush included (again, not sure if this would've been a YES! Teddy beanie),

So...did anyone else know about this?
“It’s true, Illiops aren’t very adventurous. At least they haven’t been for many generations.”
Check out the Teddy Ruxpin Wiki!

vilicles
Site Admin

Re: A Small "Teddy Ruxpin: The Movie" Revelation

Post by vilicles » Mon Dec 09, 2019 12:50 pm

I have heard rumors that there are Teddy Ruxpin beanies that are styled in Teddy's classic tunic and vest, but they were never released publicly.

The same rumor stated that the suprlus of beanies was sold to various arcade distributors who used them as prizes in their "claw" machines.

Of course, there is still an incredible excess of Yes! beanies out there, so I'm not sure why those weren't eventually distributed in some form.

What's more perplexing to me is that this VHS was released in 1999 if I'm not mistaken, and it's not branded by Yes! at all. The original box and website of Yes! Teddy stated that the TV series, VHS tapes, and proposed computer games would all be compatible with the Talk Box. So I wonder why this movie had different distributors than the Yes! VHS tapes with the same episodes on them.
Vincent Conroy
Webmaster
Grundo Gazette, LLC

"The important thing would be the people we would meet and the things we would discover along the way."

IlliopMom

Re: A Small "Teddy Ruxpin: The Movie" Revelation

Post by IlliopMom » Mon Dec 09, 2019 1:00 pm

I have no idea. It seems strange that Alchemy II would partner with another company to release this while YES! was still around putting out the special encoded videos.
“It’s true, Illiops aren’t very adventurous. At least they haven’t been for many generations.”
Check out the Teddy Ruxpin Wiki!