Teddy Ruxpin in Nissan Commercial!

Get to know fans like you and make new friends!
vilicles
Site Admin

Teddy Ruxpin in Nissan Commercial!

Post by vilicles » Fri Dec 27, 2019 9:35 am

Everyone's favorite Illiop has made a surprise appearance in this year's Nissan holiday commercial! The commercial, entitled "Christmas Through the Years", takes a look back at some of the most popular gifts of the last 30 years. You'll have to be paying close attention to catch him, but it may just hit home for anyone who received their first Teddy Ruxpin for the holidays as a child! Check out the full video below!

https://www.ispot.tv/share/ZGag
Vincent Conroy
Webmaster
Grundo Gazette, LLC

"The important thing would be the people we would meet and the things we would discover along the way."

IlliopMom

Re: Teddy Ruxpin in Nissan Commercial!

Post by IlliopMom » Sat Dec 28, 2019 8:37 pm

Very cute :)
“It’s true, Illiops aren’t very adventurous. At least they haven’t been for many generations.”
Check out the Teddy Ruxpin Wiki!

CassiaIlliper

Re: Teddy Ruxpin in Nissan Commercial!

Post by CassiaIlliper » Fri Jan 03, 2020 3:22 pm

Oh wow! I think what's wild is just between 2001? When the iPod came out and obviously him getting a new Nissan technology has changed so much. Yet it feels like we've had a massive slowdown from 2000-2010; to 2010-2019. So much tech came out and innovations happened in the first decade, but the second decade things seemed to slow but rather maybe they "shifted". We saw the rise of streaming becoming something fringe to now standard with most televisions that have "smart" technology built into them. I feel like we are still in that "Transition" phase. We also saw a move to "cloud" technologies become a place to store and preserve data therefore making our devices smaller, thinner, lighter.

Teddy Ruxpin has LED eyes. O.o, and an App. Whaaaat?!? :shock: :o

Someone said on Tumblr that they feel like time raced forward, then slowed, because the decades feel shorter and what happened in the 80's is happening again. Something like, things we were limited to in the 80s, now we can go back and watch.

I kinda hit me in a strange way when I watched Gummi Bears on Disney+ with my kids, and they had no idea why I was so excited over the show. They liked it, even though the animation is not as slick as the newer shows, the stories captivated them. I loved sharing that moment, but at the same time it was bittersweet.

Even though some things are nostalgic, life is so different for my kids, technology has made it so, and I'm not sure how I feel about it. A part of me feels like my kids are missing out on some essential childhood experiences and yet, my neighborhood and the way things are in this age, means they can't really get those experiences because the neighborhood is just not set up for that. Stuff I used to do w/o adult supervision like riding my bike to a friends house or messing about in empty lots building forts and stuff, they can't really do. I don't live in a bad neighborhood, it's just not really a good one for kids. :/.
Freelance artist and author. Some may also call me a professor. ;)
Full time wife, parent, historical nut, child of the 80's (the nice part), and Paladin.
"At your Service."