How did Arin end up with the Mudblups?

Get to know fans like you and make new friends!
CassiaIlliper

How did Arin end up with the Mudblups?

Post by CassiaIlliper » Fri Oct 04, 2019 12:27 pm

:?:

So I’ve been rewatching the series on Prime, and it’s so good! Big Nostalgia feels.

The early episodes are so pretty! The Animation is a mix of Japanese anime 80’s and Canadian. I digress.

My big question is how did Arin get to the Mudblup caves and how did he get captured? He goes into some detail about his sister being kidnapped and when the team goes back to rescue Grubby he picks up his sword in the kitchen on their way out. I’m guessing he was not there very long as it seemed like the mudblup culture is more structured.
Freelance artist and author. Some may also call me a professor. ;)
Full time wife, parent, historical nut, child of the 80's (the nice part), and Paladin.
"At your Service."

IlliopMom

Re: How did Arin end up with the Mudblups?

Post by IlliopMom » Fri Oct 04, 2019 2:54 pm

I'm not sure how he was captured, but I always assumed he was just searching the Great Desert for Aruzia until he got caught.
“It’s true, Illiops aren’t very adventurous. At least they haven’t been for many generations.”
Check out the Teddy Ruxpin Wiki!

Wheels2410

Post by Wheels2410 » Sat Oct 05, 2019 9:27 am

The Mudblups are crazy protective of their territory that they captured Teddy, Grubby, Gimmick, Tweeg, Eleanore, and L.B. pretty much as soon as they got to the Great Desert in "Teddy and the Mudblups". So it stands to reason that Arin got too close to the Mudblup Caves and was captured the same way the Trio was in "Beware of the Mudblups".

Billy Tooma

Post by Billy Tooma » Sat Oct 05, 2019 11:21 am

And we know that Mudblups sometimes leave the immediate boundaries of the Great Desert and walk through Trembly Fault, so Arin may not have even been near their caves when they captured him.
SPIRIT, TREASURE, LEDGE

Wheels2410

Post by Wheels2410 » Sat Oct 05, 2019 4:12 pm

True, but even then, they only seem to actually capture people when either their caves are being intruded upon, or when one of them gets irritated as shown in the TV version of "Autumn Adventure" when the Mudblups grabbed the henchmonsters.

CassiaIlliper

Post by CassiaIlliper » Sun Oct 06, 2019 11:13 pm

Hmmm

I do wonder what they are so protective of? Also since they have a King, would this make them a rival Kingdom to that of Nogburt? Similar to the Gutangs? I always saw them as earth elementals that also had some Scandinavian troll attributes to them too. I find it odd that Arin would walk into a trap, but maybe he was overpowered?
Full time wife, parent, historical nut, child of the 80's (the nice part), and Paladin.
"At your Service."

Wheels2410

Post by Wheels2410 » Tue Oct 08, 2019 10:56 am

I do believe that the Mudblups are protective of their coal because they find it to be so valuable. Remember in "Win One for the Twippers" when they gave Gimmick and the others coal instead of gems, diamonds and jewels? That's because they thought the gems and such were ugly because of how bright they are, so they gave them coal instead.

CassiaIlliper

Post by CassiaIlliper » Thu Oct 10, 2019 9:54 pm

That is interesting. It's just I find it odd in a feudal world that coal would become such a hot commodity and of great value, where it doesn't appear like Grundo has much industry that would make coal valuable beyond general heating. With that said, I also find it strange that certain things in Grundo require forges and smelting furnaces but there is no indication that such places exist or that beyond agriculture there isn't much in the way of skilled labor.

I also wonder if the Mudblups somehow blamed Nogburt for the theft of their coal when it was done by the Gutangs who have a reputation now of stealing things.
"At your Service."