What size drive belt is used inside the cassette deck?

The Teddy of the new millennium!
Gimmicks.Ideas

What size drive belt is used inside the cassette deck?

Post by Gimmicks.Ideas » Sun Nov 24, 2019 4:01 pm

Hi everyone,
was just wondering if anyone here knew the exact size or measurement of the drive belt used inside the 1998 Yes! Ent. Teddy’s cassette deck.
Basically, I have one that works perfectly (for the most part) other than wobbly cassette playback (which, like most 20+ year old cassette recorders, is ‘usually’ caused by a deteriorated/warped drive belt). I’d like to eventually get it replaced... but have no idea what belt it uses. I’d imagine it’s a different size than any of the ones used inside the original Worlds of Wonder versions.. but anyway, if anyone happens to have the answer, I’d love to know. Thanks!
(PS: I’m sure this info would be incredibly beneficial to anyone else in need of servicing this version also.)
“Oh, I think “marvelous” inventor might be exaggerating. It would probably be sufficient to say “wonderful” inventor.” - Gimmick

vilicles
Site Admin

Re: What size drive belt is used inside the cassette deck?

Post by vilicles » Mon Dec 09, 2019 1:17 pm

The only Teddies I've ever seen taken apart are the original WoW and Playskool Teddy. Yes! Teddy's design is very similar to Playskool, but I wuoldn't necessarily use that as a gauge of the belt size.

Wonder if anybody else in the community here knows the answer?
Vincent Conroy
Webmaster
Grundo Gazette, LLC

"The important thing would be the people we would meet and the things we would discover along the way."