The TR Masters

Get to know fans like you and make new friends!
vilicles
Site Admin

Re: The TR Masters

Post by vilicles » Thu Jan 30, 2020 9:37 pm

Yes, sorry for the confusion. I meant that the rest of the Treasure Series was never released for WCT. Sorry to hear your concerns were never addressed.
Vincent Conroy
Webmaster
Grundo Gazette, LLC

"The important thing would be the people we would meet and the things we would discover along the way."

Lachlant1984

Post by Lachlant1984 » Thu Jan 30, 2020 11:17 pm

That's interesting. Your reply didn't show up in the main forum thread Vincent, not until I clicked on reply to post did I see your reply. On my Teddy Ruxpin at least the only story from The treasure arc not released was the final story, The Treasure. Captured by Mudblups, Wooly And The Wizard and The Missing Princess were all released, at least they were early on. What you said about licensing my indeed be correct and yes, The Treasure arc of story feature dialogue from the ABC live action show, which I actually have on video tape. But if the release of The Treasure by WCT was impacted my licensing issues, that doesn't explain how they were able to use the other stories in that arc and not the last one. Interesting. Perhaps it is a licensing issue, I just don't know.

Billy Tooma

Post by Billy Tooma » Fri Jan 31, 2020 8:30 am

I think Vince explained it pretty clearly. “The Treasure” was a Backpack Toys-only release. It contained elements from the 1985 ABC live-action special. It’s a copyright gray area. How it was released and the circumstances around it can only be answered by those who made the decision and the deal.

WCT released what Alchemy II owns outright: the original versions.
SPIRIT, TREASURE, LEDGE