Big Bird Story Magic Tapes are expensive!

What are some of your favorite toys?
GrubbyRuxpin677

Big Bird Story Magic Tapes are expensive!

Post by GrubbyRuxpin677 » Fri Nov 13, 2020 12:38 pm

So I was looking for a copy of Big Birds Amazing Dream and the only one I could find was $50! Looking more into it, all of them are selling for this price! I ended up giving in to buying it, but I hope these tapes go down in price.
Hohoho!

vilicles
Site Admin

Re: Big Bird Story Magic Tapes are expensive!

Post by vilicles » Fri Nov 20, 2020 2:37 pm

I've never collected the Big Bird merch, but it seems to generally be rarer than the Teddy stories. Probably not as many units made. It's also the holidays and people know this stuff will sell more this time of year. Hope you can find a deal!
Vincent Conroy
Webmaster
Grundo Gazette, LLC

"The important thing would be the people we would meet and the things we would discover along the way."

BlueOctopede

Post by BlueOctopede » Tue Jan 05, 2021 4:37 am

Yeah, for some reason the Big Bird stuff is highly collectible and the prices can be ridiculous! Every now and then a tape for $30 or less will pop up but sadly that doesn't happen very often. It's like a weird treasure hunt!
🌕🌟🐻 And if your dream's a good one, some day it might come true! 🐻🌕🌟

IlliopMom

Post by IlliopMom » Fri Sep 10, 2021 12:08 pm

GrubbyRuxpin677 wrote: Fri Nov 13, 2020 12:38 pm I ended up giving in to buying it, but I hope these tapes go down in price.
A good rule of thumb to try and cut down on scalpers is to not buy the tapes for that high a price, even though I'm sure it's tempting to! If sellers realize they won't sell, the prices will eventually go down. :D
“It’s true, Illiops aren’t very adventurous. At least they haven’t been for many generations.”
Check out the Teddy Ruxpin Wiki!