It's that Teddy Dustpan!

If you love animatronics, this is the thread for you!
Bognostrocleetus

It's that Teddy Dustpan!

Post by Bognostrocleetus » Mon Jan 25, 2021 6:31 pm

Hi everyone, I was a little bummed that this part of the forum was empty, so I'm doing something about it! :bear: Here's a preview of my animatronic project inspired by Aaron Todd's famous Teddy.

My Teddy Dustpan Animatronic project!

More photos here:
Rule 84, Subparagraph 15-A

AutisticIlliop

Re: It's that Teddy Dustpan!

Post by AutisticIlliop » Fri Feb 26, 2021 8:04 pm

omg your teh person responsble for the amazing freedy Ruxpin ? thank you, i loved it and omh i saw it once and i cant even anymore.

Bognostrocleetus

Post by Bognostrocleetus » Sat Feb 27, 2021 9:28 am

Hi, actually that would be Aaron Todd - that's a link to his video. Wasn't it awesome!? :bear:

The imgur album show my progress - I'm hoping to build one inspired by his Teddy! Mine isn't quite working yet though, I've hit a few set backs. I actually didn't know anything about electronics, or engineering, or robotics before I saw that video, but it inspired me to learn.

AutisticIlliop

Post by AutisticIlliop » Sat Feb 27, 2021 10:40 pm

Oh, oops lol sorry. but either way i lvoe dit, you ougt ot share yourso once finished.also do you think anyone could wire a tedy to o ai and become an AI freidn to runsomethign like cortona alexa or google asistant but run it as teddy?So basically instead of hey alexa youd say hey teddy or hey teddy instea dof hry google or something

Bognostrocleetus

Post by Bognostrocleetus » Wed Mar 03, 2021 10:03 pm

Maybe. I've seen lots of people mod Teddy with Alexa, but it always ends up creepy without the usual Teddy personality! They never get the eyes/mouth right either.

Bognostrocleetus

Post by Bognostrocleetus » Sat Mar 06, 2021 1:48 pm

Hi everyone! Here's a little update on my animatronic project, and I'm so excited to finally be able to show off some animation. I broke the eye mechanisms unfortunately, so I'll have to keep working.