My 2017 Teddy Ruxpin appears to be dead.

Get to know fans like you and make new friends!
Lachlant1984

My 2017 Teddy Ruxpin appears to be dead.

Post by Lachlant1984 » Sun Apr 02, 2023 7:23 am

Hey guys, have any of you had problems with the 2017 Teddy Ruxpin failing? Mine has failed, to cut a long story short, I think the flash memory chip in mine has failed. The unit did get dropped in early 2020, it fell off my desk and hit the window ledge, it stopped working then, but removal and reinsertion of the batteries got it going again. In late 2021 the batteries went flat, and when I changed them Teddy wasn't working. Today I put new batteries in Teddy and tried to get him going, still without success. Teddy will switch on and his eyes light up, I can turn Bluetooth on and my iPhone detects him, but he won't speak or do anything else, it doesn't even play the welcome greeting and his mouth doesn't move. I plugged Teddy into my PC, thinking maybe the flash disk was corrupt or the data files were damaged, but when I opened Windows Explorer, I could see a drive icon for Teddy, but the icon didn't indicate the storage capacity or remaining memory space. When I double clicked on the drive icon I got an error message saying F is not accessible, incorrect function. I couldn't do an error check or format the memory. Not good, I concluded the flash memory had failed. I'm wondering if the fall cause the chip leg to come off the PCB, so I might ask my sister's boyfriend to have a look. I suspect that if the flash chip has indeed failed, it's beyond repair. Anyone else had issues like this?

Thanks everyone.

vilicles
Site Admin

Re: My 2017 Teddy Ruxpin appears to be dead.

Post by vilicles » Mon Oct 16, 2023 2:51 pm

Sorry to hear about your Teddy Ruxpin! I hope you were able to find a cure!

I'm not one for repairing the toys, so I don't have any insight or advice to lend!

Good luck!
Vincent Conroy
Webmaster
Grundo Gazette, LLC

"The important thing would be the people we would meet and the things we would discover along the way."