Whatever happened to that TR movie that got announced by DJ2 Entertainment?

Get to know fans like you and make new friends!
Wooly who's-it

Whatever happened to that TR movie that got announced by DJ2 Entertainment?

Post by Wooly who's-it » Sun Mar 26, 2023 3:32 pm

Tbf probably in early development, even if it does exist..Very weird website. Also weirdly enough, the Jim Henson company was posting TR full episodes on YouTube. They stopped after episode 8 and deleted or privated them all. Weird stuff. I wonder what will actually come out of the TR IP in the 2020s officially

IlliopMom

Re: Whatever happened to that TR movie that got announced by DJ2 Entertainment?

Post by IlliopMom » Thu Apr 06, 2023 12:44 pm

To my knowledge DJ2 really only has the licensing *capability* to make a movie, but they haven't actually done anything in terms of starting a production up.

As for Jim Henson, I assume it's due to copyright issues? Not sure. I know a lot of TR videos were getting falsely flagged by a company that doesn't have any rights at all a while ago; it could be to do with that.
“It’s true, Illiops aren’t very adventurous. At least they haven’t been for many generations.”
Check out the Teddy Ruxpin Wiki!

vilicles
Site Admin

Re: Whatever happened to that TR movie that got announced by DJ2 Entertainment?

Post by vilicles » Mon Oct 16, 2023 2:49 pm

IlliopMom wrote: Thu Apr 06, 2023 12:44 pm To my knowledge DJ2 really only has the licensing *capability* to make a movie, but they haven't actually done anything in terms of starting a production up.
That is correct. Dj2 Entertainment is not a production company. It is a company which licenses IP's and shops them around to different studios in the hopes they can get a project going.

I don't know what their intentions are or how successful they've been, but I wouldn't hold my breath for anything to come out anytime soon. Even if they found a studio today that was ready to make a Teddy Ruxpin TV show or movie, it would take years for anything to be completed.
Vincent Conroy
Webmaster
Grundo Gazette, LLC

"The important thing would be the people we would meet and the things we would discover along the way."