Come Dream with Me Tonight Hype Thread

Get to know fans like you and make new friends!
Bognostrocleetus

Re: Come Dream with Me Tonight Hype Thread

Post by Bognostrocleetus » Wed Feb 02, 2022 8:08 am

Part 5. Just WOW! Worlds of Wonder that is! Amazing hearing how these deals were struck to mass market Teddy, it's really an interesting tale. I have to thank you for doing so much leg work, doing all this research and interviewing all the many awesome individuals involved! So thankful for how detailed this series has been. I actually had dreams/nightmares of Teddy and Grubby heads on sticks!

Highlight for Part 5 for me is hearing from insiders like Hicks, and especially Brower - have long wondered how the airship effects were created! Thank you for doing such detailed research and talking to all these people - I would love to have autographs of every person mentioned. (I have several including Forsse, Baron, Ryan, Katie Lee, Koensgen, and a couple others.) If only we could have a Teddy Ruxpin convention or something! :bear:
Rule 84, Subparagraph 15-A

IlliopMom

Post by IlliopMom » Wed Feb 02, 2022 8:46 am

Bognostrocleetus wrote: Wed Feb 02, 2022 8:08 am If only we could have a Teddy Ruxpin convention or something! :bear:
I've thought about that before! Our fandom is so small but I do think it would be kind of fun :D
“It’s true, Illiops aren’t very adventurous. At least they haven’t been for many generations.”
Check out the Teddy Ruxpin Wiki!

Bognostrocleetus

Post by Bognostrocleetus » Tue Feb 15, 2022 1:52 pm

More great installments! Enjoying all these never heard details, so grateful for all the research that was done. Part 6 highlight is the Teddy Ruxpin Bible details, I really poured over all the handwritten notes about the evolutionary history of the creatures of Grundo. I really must get a copy of all this information! My mind exploded when I saw the creatures excluded from the main stories, such as the Doldrums, Demons, and Gremlins.

Part 7 was really a depressing story that most of us knew, but I never heard about the end from the people on the inside. Highlight from Part 7 is definitely the Muppet Magic concept, it was great hearing all these Henson details I never knew! I really really wish the Muppet products had come to shelf, I would LOVE to have a Magic Travel Trunk. Also, I will be searching for an Alchemist's medallion for the rest of my life! :heart: :bear:

IlliopMom

Post by IlliopMom » Thu Feb 17, 2022 11:00 am

Bognostrocleetus wrote: Tue Feb 15, 2022 1:52 pm My mind exploded when I saw the creatures excluded from the main stories, such as the Doldrums, Demons, and Gremlins.
Same here! Would love to know more about them! :mrgreen:
“It’s true, Illiops aren’t very adventurous. At least they haven’t been for many generations.”

Tabby Ruxpin

Post by Tabby Ruxpin » Fri Feb 18, 2022 3:54 pm

I just can't get over the idea of Teddy having a crush on Miss Piggy. :lol:
sir, that's my emotional support illiop.

IlliopMom

Post by IlliopMom » Sat Feb 19, 2022 6:13 pm

Tabby Ruxpin wrote: Fri Feb 18, 2022 3:54 pm I just can't get over the idea of Teddy having a crush on Miss Piggy. :lol:
That was really funny, lol :lol:

Bognostrocleetus

Post by Bognostrocleetus » Tue Feb 22, 2022 1:12 pm

Part 8 was good because we got to see and hear a great deal of Ken on video - that's awesome! I loved all the Branson Bear details, and all the artwork installations, and with movement, that was great. Highlight for me was seeing him greet kids and signing bears - My heart leapt when I saw Ken signing Branson Bears on the back shirt, under the vest. I rushed to my collection to check my bears, of course no signatures. I'll be looking for a signed Branson Bear! :bear: :heart: This whole series has just been CHOCK FULL of details, so much information!

IlliopMom

Post by IlliopMom » Wed Feb 23, 2022 10:43 am

Bognostrocleetus wrote: Tue Feb 22, 2022 1:12 pm Part 8 was good because we got to see and hear a great deal of Ken on video - that's awesome! I loved all the Branson Bear details, and all the artwork installations, and with movement, that was great. Highlight for me was seeing him greet kids and signing bears - My heart leapt when I saw Ken signing Branson Bears on the back shirt, under the vest. I rushed to my collection to check my bears, of course no signatures. I'll be looking for a signed Branson Bear! :bear: :heart: This whole series has just been CHOCK FULL of details, so much information!
Part 8 was a pleasant surprise for sure :D

Bognostrocleetus

Post by Bognostrocleetus » Tue Mar 01, 2022 6:39 pm

Sad to see the series come to an end. It was SO good! There really was a ton of information, and I think I need to start it again from the beginning so I don't miss anything. Ken really had so many amazing accomplishments, I'm glad that you celebrated he and Teddy in such detail. Thanks again for doing so much research, and not whittling it down to a fluff piece. Part 9 highlight for me was the BackPack Toys section, I am really interested to know what is the deal with the blue backpack Teddy is wearing? :heart: :bear:

IlliopMom

Post by IlliopMom » Wed Mar 02, 2022 10:05 am

Par 9 was a great conclusion. I loved seeing Amber and friends :D